Wednesday, April 22, 2009

EDM 310 Spring 2009: Final Post

I can defiantly say that I am excited I took this course. I really enjoyed the atmosphere, the learning experience, the way the professor handled the class, all of it. I got to learn a lot in this class about different types of Microsoft programs and how to become a more effective teacher in the future. Although some things that were being taught in this class were things I already new, it was still nice to review a bit and grasp a better idea on what was being taught.
One thing I am glad I got to learn was Microsoft Excel. I was a bit sketchy with Excel prior to this class, and now I feel that I can use it and be comfortable with it. This will help me a lot in my career because now I can use Excel and become more organized and hence a much more productive teacher. Another thing I got to learn from this course was how to make pod casts and use them to educate other students and/or teachers. I had absolutely no idea what they were, how one made them, and even if they could be used in a school environment. Luckily I can use them in the future to listen to what teachers may have to say about a subject so I can better prepare my class. All this I found exciting and actually enjoyable to use.
As a whole, I believe that this course pretty much hit the nail on the head. There was nothing I could think of that I wanted to learn that was not already being taught to me. This is a course I highly recommend to anyone wanting to become a teacher because I know for a fact that my career has been changed for the better because of this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment